Thin Film composition
Powerfoil® consists of a stack of ultra-thin functional layers forming a stable and durable PV solar foil (degradation <1% /year average over lifetime).
- The transparent top-encapsulant is made of a high translucent fluorinated-polymer that is water repellant and non-sticking, hence easy-to-clean
- The unique Transparent Conductive Oxide (TCO) is trapping the transmitted sunlight in the active silicon layer to endow maximum conversion of photons to electrons.
- The semiconductor layer (a-Si / uc-Si) is causing part the electromagnetic spectrum of the solar energy to be converted in to an electrical current.
- The metallic back contact and the TCO layer conduct the current to the aluminum busbars on each side of the foil
- The polymer carrier and back encapsulant provide support to the foil and create an interface to the adhesive layer for attachment to various surface substrates
Back to overview